Sunday, October 17, 2010

Shrinky Dinks and Sunday Love

They are on my mind today, and I think I'm going to need to take a trip to the local craft store and see if I can find some.  I'm thinking of making my own nameplate necklace and maybe a pumpkin or something for Lilly. 
My hubby is parked in front of the television for the remainder of the day, so he won't miss me at all. 
So, onto the things I'm looking at this week.  I think you may find that I seem to gravitate toward the same type of blog over and over again.  I love photography, jewelry, food, and crafting! 
So first:  Have you seen this coupon for Michaels? check this out.  Nice, right? Good for some shrinky dinks maybe?
I also spotted this mini tutorial on Clicknmom's website about taking portraits of kids.  I use a lot of those same methods, and I also tend to tell really corny jokes. 

It's my favorite time of year, Autumn.  The photo above was taken in New Jersey.  Unfortunately, here in Southern California, if you want to see color like this, you need to drive up to the mountains.  Fall means apple picking for our family, because I love making apple pie from scratch.  I never would have guessed it, but I have grown to love baking.  So, this is the recipe I use for my crust:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/crunch-top-apple-pie-recipe2/index.htm .  I need to tell you that this crust will have you making crust constantly.  Although I adore the crust in the above recipe, I really like my apple pie to be a subtle flavor.  I use this recipe with Winesap apples for the pie filling: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Apple-Pie/Detail.aspx .  Deeeeeeeeeelightful. 
Have a fabulous Sunday!
xoxo
Kristen

1 comment:

Merry said...

I want to play shrinky dinks with you today....and...play with Jack and Lily...and watch the tube with Mattie...and pick apples...and eat pie (you can make it for me...k)...