Monday, August 30, 2010

i heart faces photojournalism entry!

I've recently come across a fantastic site called "I heart faces." (www.iheartfaces.com)  It's an awesome resource, and they are having a contest that I thought would be a good fit for me.  As you may know, I am self taught and started by shooting my own kids, doing a picture each day for a year for each of them.  Honestly, it was a challenge, but I would say that if you really want to learn about your camera, and your style, it is a challenge you need to take on.  I look back on my first year with Lilly and can see so much growth in my photography since then.
So taking a photo every day just lends itself to photojournalism, especially if you have kids like mine who won't sit still.  You have no choice but to shoot them when they are doing something!  It's fun to look for "little moments" to take photos of!
without further explanation, here is my entry! 

10 comments:

lsquare said...

Yummy picture---she has such beautiful blue eyes!

Kim said...

Oh what a sweet photograph!!! :)

Holli True said...

Her eyes are on the prize! :) Such a great capture!

Crista Marie said...

love the desire in her eyes

carlotta cisternas said...

Such a cute photo! Love her eyes.

Erika B said...

Wow, you captured a great facial expression! Her eyes are just stunning.

Erika B

staci said...

Enough said, I want one !!! Thanks for commenting on my entry. I read your post about teaching and thought it was very interesting.

Kristen Mintz said...

thanks everyone! She's just like her momma, and LOVES ice cream! :)

Lesley Wong Photography said...

WOW - those eyes are so amazing! What a great idea to take a photograph a day of your kids - great for practice and also to chronicle their childhood. :)

This is a lovely photograph... good luck!!!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

The excitement in her eyes is hilarious and classic! Love it!