Monday, January 17, 2011

Snow Baby.


This one is something really special to me.  We were in New Jersey, visiting my family for Christmas.  The day before we were supposed to fly home, this amazing thing happened.  A blizzard.  In a crazy turn of events, our flight the next day was of course canceled.  The next flight they could get us on would be a whole week after our original departure date.  It was a little hard to swallow at first, I'll be honest.  But then I realized- we had a whole entire week to just play.  I couldn't believe our luck.  We had a friend who loaned us snow boots for my 4 year old, and a hand-me-down snow suit for my 1 year old.  We had a blast!
What was really magical about it all was this: we were staying in the house where I grew up.  I got to see my kids playing in the same places I used to play- walk down those same streets, sled down that same hill, sit in the snow like it was a couch, just like I used to.  Seriously, talk about nostalgia.  wow.  Amazing.  I'll never forget it.

 and now for one without a face- (it's not for the contest, but I had to share it)



Doesn't snow just make you feel dreamy?
Have a fantastic week!
xo,
Kristen

4 comments:

Kimberly5 said...

Looks like they were having so much fun in the snow! Great Photos :)

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I'm quite liking the whole face-cropped-out photo thing. It makes the whole photo look very arty-cool. I really love your blog. Thank you for sharing so much of your know-how with us.

That week must have been incredibly special. I love seeing my children in places I went when I was a little girl too.

Sarahx

Anonymous said...

I was so worried that you would be sick of my house. I'm so glad you all had so much fun. Love you all!

Kristen Mintz said...

Thank you, Kimberly! and Sarah, I seriously just want to squeeze you. You're so sweet!!!!
Mom, we had an amazing time with you! I miss the snow and chill. It was 85 degrees here today!