Wednesday, February 02, 2011

All Natural

The three words I use or branding my photography are sweet, natural and brilliant. I'd like to take a moment to talk about that middle word; natural. I really like this word. I feel like it really suits me. I am the kind of girl who doesn't usually wear make up. If I throw on eyeliner, my husband gets really impressed. I don't fuss around with my hair very much, although I did get it colored recently, I often just run a brush through it and run out of the house. Of course there are those special occasions that require a bit of primping, but when it comes to my day-to-day, I'm all natural.
My approach to photography is very much the same way. I try as hard as I can to get my photos right IN CAMERA, because I don't enjoy doing a lot of post processing. When I capture people, I find beauty that is already there. I don't try to make people look like someone they're not. I don't use fake floors, fake backgrounds, or anything like that. My aim is to make people see how beautiful they are already. I am not into making people look plastic. It may be what the world of photography is leaning toward, but it's just not my style. Call it a personal preference. Here are three examples of what I mean by making the images right in camera- these three are straight out of the camera.



Beauty is within. It's in everyone. It's in you. Find it. Capture it. Be you. Be beautiful.
xo,
Kristen

No comments: