Saturday, February 19, 2011

Minty Fresh: Come closer.

Mint. (adj.) meaning new, fresh, sweet, brilliant, awesome.

Welcome to Saturday, dear blog-stalkers. First of all, a quick little side note for those of you who read my Valentine's Day post, I'd like to thank you for all the prayers and good wishes.  I found out that the mass on my jaw is a benign tumor! I can't express how grateful I am.

Now, let's get back to business.  This week, for your photos, I want you to try to get close.  This is a tip that I use CONSTANTLY.  If you are lucky enough to have a macro lens, get it out.  If you aren't, you're going to have to do a little more work.  Take your time. Hang out and chat a little before shoving your camera in your subject's face. (Not that you would do that, of course.) I like to talk to my subject and distract him, taking photos here and there, all the while, inching a little closer. Try to fill up the frame with your subject. It's especially awesome to try with babies and children.
Here is one of my favorites:
I mean, really.  Can't you just smell that baby smell just by looking at this?
Enjoy your weekend, and don't forget to link up your photos!
xo,
Kristen

No comments: