Thursday, February 03, 2011

Minty Fresh + Snow.

Mint. (adj.) meaning new, fresh, sweet, brilliant, awesome.

I have to tell you this secretly.  Lean in. Don't let your family hear me say this.  I live in Southern California.  The weather here has been chilly and windy, but I haven't seen an inch of snow. Sssshhhhh!!!!
I'm telling you this because I know what it feels like.  I want you to know that the sun is shining somewhere, and that there is hope.  Spring is coming.  And Phil said it is coming soon!  This weekend, I'm going to announce a "dreaming of spring" giveaway, but in the meantime, I want you to embrace the snow.  Yes.  You read that correctly.  I said, "embrace it."
Do you have a delayed opening? Go outside and play! Don't forget your camera! Get down on their level. Capture the "couch", snowman, cave, snowballs...the  trail of snow pants, coats, hats, mittens, boots and scarves that litter the floor.  Maybe you'd rather stay inside?  Give me a photo of your child looking out the window, or sipping some hot cocoa. Here are some of my favorites: Check out this snow suit- remind you of A Christmas Story? Utterly ridiculous, right?
Here's one that shows how much my daughter loved "swimming" in the snow.
Ahhh, and one of the good old fashioned "couch".  Love.

Enjoy your time with the snow.  And if you want to come to my house for a little break, please feel free!  :)
xo,
Kristen

Ps- please leave a link in the comments to your photos- I'd love to see them!!!

No comments: