Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day & a biopsy.

To be honest, Valentine's Day has never been a big deal to me.  I'm not a fan of getting flowers because they last all of an hour at my house.  (I have a huge lack of a green thumb.  I could kill dirt. Really.) Of course, I adore chocolate, and I would never turn that down, but all-in-all, it's just another day.  I believe we should tell each other how we feel all the time.  Saying "I love you" shouldn't be a once-per-year occurrence.  It should happen as often as possible.
Off to the next subject.  A biopsy.  I discovered a lump on my jaw a few months ago, and I finally got to see the doctor about it.  I had to wait a month for an appointment, and when she saw me, she sent me to another doctor, who sent me for an ultrasound, who sent me around town getting referrals and order forms to take to the hospital, who finally called me on Friday asking when I wanted to schedule my biopsy.  What better day than Valentine's day, right? So I'm headed in this morning. And I thought, before I go, I want to send out love to you, Internet User, and to you, Universe.  I love you. I hope that this day brings you much joy- and you feel as loved as I do.  I'm so lucky to have these three people in my life (along with so many others!!!)
Happy Valentine's Day, World.
xo,
Kristen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Remember when your dad used to get a rose for you and Jen for Valentine's day?